Monday, March 26, 2018

Understanding our students


Knowing Our Students.

This term I have been focusing on understanding more about the students I work with and their current skill level. Our students often present themselves in a certain way - so many these days with complex behaviours or learning needs.  

To truly understand our students and plan appropriate programmes to meet their individual needs we need to dig a little deeper to understand them more , not just rely on what we see.

I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to listen to Dr Jannie van Hees
discuss Language Acquisition & Development , this has made me think alot about the cultural aspects of our students.
I found this diagram and found it very thought provoking.
Time to steep back and take a deeper look and get to know my families and students through a different lense. 


No comments:

Post a Comment