Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Raising Student Achievement Throught Targeted Action

How do I know that the programmes , professional development are making a difference?

When making changes within a school around curriculum development , assessment and student achievement I think we need to look at four important areas:


  • What do our students need, what we doing for our students?
  • What do our teachers need, what are we doing to help our teachers?
  • How are we supporting our Whanau to be on this learning journey with us?
  • What is our assessment data telling us?


I am responsible for Literacy and Numeracy across Sommerville Special School, including arranging professional development and gathering school wide data.

I wanted to review  what actions we are taking and who was responsible for what areas. This has proved to be very insightful and allowed my to review and plan for the future. 



1 comment: